An unexpected walk down to the Dugarwadi Falls

Hello everyone!

Those who are following me on Instagram must have come across my stories and posts which captures Dugarwadi Falls!

I had a perfect weekend getaway at Trimbakeshwar. Trimbakeshwar is an ancient Hindu Shiva temple in the town of Trimbak, in the Trimbakeshwar tehsil in the Nashik district of Maharashtra. The journey to Trimbakeshwar is of five and half hours by road from Mumbai. I came to visit the famous Trimbakeshwar Shiva Temple which is dedicated to the god Shiva and is one of the twelve Jyotirlingas. I heard a lot about a place, called Dugarwadi Falls, from the localities and randomly decided to explore it. 

To reach Dugarwadi Falls, the drive was up to Sapgon on NH-848, which is 4 kms from Trimbakeshwar. From Sapgon the waterfall parking area is 4 kms. To reach the exact place of waterfall, I had to walk down the mountains 2 kms. 

I wandered into the meadows while the rain kept pouring steadily. It was a tough aimless trek as it rained constantly and had slippery mud. On the streets of Trimbak, the vendors sells sheets of plastics as personal shelter to rain. I got one for myself and it was a saviour throughout my trek. 

'Difficult roads often leads to beautiful destinations' 
The above stated was so relatable, when I saw the first glimpse of Dugarwadi Falls.
It was one of my best experiences. I could hear the loud sound of the falls before I could actually see the falls. The view was breathtaking. There were clouds and fog all around the lush green mountains. I felt alive amidst the nature. 

The photographs and the content of this blogpost cannot do the justice to what I actually saw. But one thing I realised after coming here is that, it is better to make plans to local places that work rather than grand plans to exotic places that don't work! 










Until Next Time
Keep smiling and travelling
Love,
Samiksha Agarwal

Comments

  1. that is very awsome pics and details about this place love it plz visit for tribkeshwar travel travel

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts